The 2014 Eisner Awards for Best Digital/Webcomic Comics are announced and… oh, *#%@!!! It’s The Oatmeal
So the 2014 Eisner noms were announced today. My new employer, Robot 6, did not make it into the Best Comics-Related Periodical/Journalism category this year (though parent company Comic Book Resources did). Hopefully my coverage of webcomics will be enough to tip the scale next time the awards are considered.
Anyway, you know what you’re here for. What are the nominees for Best Online Comic this year, El Santo? Well, glad you asked. First of all, it’s now called “Best Digital/Webcomic.” Make up your mind, Eisners! Second, the awards are a pretty dang eclectic mix… and there’s only one here that I recognize.
- As the Crow Flies, by Melanie Gillman, www.melaniegillman.com
- Failing Sky, by Dax Tran-Caffee, failingsky.com
- High Crimes, by Christopher Sebela and Ibrahim Moustafa (Monkeybrain), www.monkeybraincomics.com/titles/high-crimes/
- The Last Mechanical Monster, by Brian Fies, lastmechanicalmonster.blogspot.com
- And finally… Holy crap it’s The Oatmeal by Matthew Inman, theoatmeal.com
Incidentally, the Sugarshock-o-Meter is starting to gain sentience, question its existence and purpose in life. Stay Calm and carry on, Sugarshock-o-Meter!
In other news, The Adventures of Superhero Girl by Faith Erin Hicks is up form Best Publication for Kids (ages 8-12) and Best Humor Publication.