I just need a break. It’s been a great run, and I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my comics. A few factors over the last few months have precipitated this decision – one which I didn’t make lightly:
1) I want to focus more efforts on my illustration.
2) The audience for the strip has reached a plateau that has been consistent for the past two years. It’s frustrating, and I know I could have done more to promote the strip, but in the end, there’s really nobody to blame but myself. I take full responsibility for this.
3) 13 years is pretty long for anything. I’m happy with what I’ve been able to accomplish, which is a body of work that spans well over a decade.
4) I want to make digital collected editions of my work to date and offer them up for sale.
…and the biggie:
5) Bills. I gotta pay ‘em, and lately they’ve been crushing me alive. We’ve had a few emergency setbacks recently (two huge car repairs, a crazy water bill from hell, etc.) that are putting the squeeze on us financially. Big time.
The time I spend on making the comic could be better spent on other income-generating areas, and right now I have to do what’s best for my family. (You could help and buy a book. And if you have, thank you. I really do appreciate it.)
At some point, I’ll resume the current storyline – but again – priorities of life are kicking in. I know that some of you might be upset at what on the surface seems like an abrupt decision. I hope you understand.
In the meantime, why not check out my new Tumblr site, where I’ll be posting ALL the early PC Weenies toons from 1998 all the way up to 2007. So one way or another, you’ll be seeing more PC Weenies stuff.
Thanks for your support,